Facebook Sociogram – in search for a new market
Truly searching your Social Graph….Facebook is introducing Facebook-Sociogram so search in social profiles and connect with peers and commons. Will this be the next big step for Facebook in the take-over of the “e”-universe?
With the introduction of searching the social graph (or sociogram), not only for people, but for all search items possible, Facebook steps into a new market segment….or not?! With the introduction of Facebook Graph Search you can search for people who share similar ideas, have the same hobbies, live in the same place, travel the same places, …. This means Facebook still remains close to its bottom line: connecting people. Thanks to the social graph search you will find people with similarities inside your profile (your peers) but also outside your social graph (your commons). Next video shows us how this works.
But with this action Facebook steps into a new market for them: “search”….”Social Search” to be more specific, but with a different angle than Google (or others) claim “Social Search”. With this new step Facebook can become a new player in becoming the nr. ?? in search. YouTube being the second biggest search engine after Google, shows us (and Facebook) how people think of search in 2012/3.
Will we be searching first in our social graph first, instead of Google? That’s the one million dollar question….but 2 things are clear. Searching the social graph gives Facebook the power to gather even more personal interests and knowledge, which makes personal ads (cfr. Google) even more personal. But besides the personalization it gives Facebook the power to re-connect people with similar interest, giving them again an advantage…(since few people are stepping into the complete Google+ story)!
- 8 Exponential Trends That Will Shape Humanity by @sparksandhoney slideshare.net/sparksandhoney… #trends #future 10 hours ago
- The Future Of Mobile-Social Could Spell The End For Social Networks techcrunch.com/2013/05/18/the… via @TechCrunch 10 hours ago
- How To Get Others To See Your Potential s.hbr.org/12AXgtY 1 day ago
- History of Distance Education [Infographic] bit.ly/12JcXxS @Edushock 1 day ago
- CHART OF THE DAY: The Facebook IPO, One Year Later (FB) feedproxy.google.com/~r/typepad/all… 1 day ago